All international flights suspended from March 25, effectively locking out visitors and business professionals except for Vietnamese nationals returning on special repatriation flights. But recently, the government announced resuming international flights for foreigner entering into Vietnam to conduct the short-term work (less than 14 days), with the medical guideline attached.
The main points of medical guideline will be summarized as follows:
1. The foreigner entering into Vietnam for the short-term work including:
- The investors, experts, skilled workers, business managers, their relatives and the subjects according to the agreement with each country (hereinafter refer to as the experts)
- The visitors entering for the diplomatic and official purposes.
2. The general principle:
- Not having to be isolated for 14 days, however it is required to comply strictly and fully with the regulations on COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control, ensuring safety to the experts, the visitors entering for the diplomatic and official purposes and contact people, not to cross-infect during the work progress and not inject the community.
- The experts and visitors must have the international health insurance or the organization invited the experts and the visitors commit to pay the treatment fee in case infected by COVID-19. The experts must enter 01 day the scheduled working time to implement the regulations related to medical supervision. All of the costs for isolation, vehicles and testing for COVID-19 are paid by the units or organization invited experts. For the visitors entering for the diplomatic and official purposes, they will be free of charge (except for the isolation cost at the hotels as desired).
- After 14 days as from the entry date, if he experts and the visitors entering for the diplomatic and official purposes still have the demand to be stayed in Vietnam for working and the result of SARS-CoV-2 is negative, they are allowed to work normally, no need to isolate).
3. The requirements of prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Make the specific plans for working, accommodating, vehicles, isolation of the experts, the plans ensuring safety the prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic during the working progress of the experts and the contact people.
- For the entering experts who just participate the meeting, signing the contracts, agreements, cooperation, priority is given to choose the location of meeting, signing, accommodating at the province, city with or near the import and export border gates in order to limit experts entering into inland, moving through many localities that cannot ensure the prevention and control measures of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The experts must be tested SARS-CoV-2 by Real time PCR technique from 3-5 day as from the entry date into Vietnam and having the negative result of the test.
- The experts must present the negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 once entry. When one of the symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat or breathing difficulty is detected, medical isolation should be organized immediately and should be treated as the cases of suspected disease.
- Require the experts using the Bluezone app when reside in Vietnam.
- Arrange separate accommodation
- Ensure the medical supervision, not contact with the community.
With regard to the VIP guests from the Deputy Minister’s level or equivalent or higher: there is no requirement to have negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 after entry.
4. When having one of the symptoms of tired, fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing
- Notify the department/staff responsible for medical supervision at the accommodation/ meeting/ work… Make a call to the hotline of the Department of Health or the Ministry of Health (phone number 1900 3228 or 1900 9095) or the local health authority according to the local regulations to be advised and tested at the medical authorities (if needed).
- Taking a temporary isolation, limit in contact with people around
5. When having a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Immediately notify to local health authorities to implement segregation flow for handling and treatment in accordance with the regulations of National Steering Committee regarding the COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control and the Ministry of Health.
Conduct disinfection and environmental handling at the accommodation, meeting, signing, workplace …